View Single Post
Old 11-06-2010, 12:54 AM   #70
Seanette
Addict
Seanette has learned how to read e-booksSeanette has learned how to read e-booksSeanette has learned how to read e-booksSeanette has learned how to read e-booksSeanette has learned how to read e-booksSeanette has learned how to read e-booksSeanette has learned how to read e-books

Device: Samsung Galaxy s3 (Android 4.4.2), iPad 2, Win10 laptop
Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Russell View Post
I have never sent a text message, and I had the texts blocked because it was costing me money to receive them.

Everyone I have seen personally use his smart phones uses them for trivial reasons. I'm not saying that they cannot be worthwhile to some people, but my observation has been that they are used as toys.

My cell phone service costs about a dollar a day. If I had a job which required me to spend $100 per month on a smartphone, I wouldn't object. But without the specific need, count me out.
As little as I use my phone, I spend about $20 every 90 days.

I have Virgin Mobile pre-paid, no data plan (although my phone claims to be able to do it, the screen's too small for that to be useful). I did splurge on a phone with a full keyboard because DH prefers to communicate by text message when we're not in the same place, being a bit of a phone-phobe, and typing texts on the number pad drives me up the wall.
Seanette is offline   Reply With Quote