View Single Post
Old 03-04-2020, 12:23 PM   #14
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I know why this happens. This happens because Marvin has not been updated for iPadOS 13. Marvin is dead. Anything that doesn't work will not work. So once it stops working well enough, it's tme to move on to a different program. I have no idea if Marvin will have any more issues in iOS 14/iPadOS 14.
This is most definitely NOT because it hasn't been updated ... this was an issue during Marvin 3 development. The issue was noticed by the beta testers and was mostly due to changing from portrait to landscape and back - trying to determine what point was the correct point to have at the top of the page was a real pain considering the reflowable nature of epubs. 'Where was the person reading on the page?' 'Should the top paragraph be the top paragraph after rotation - or the middle of the page?' If he used the top paragraph, then (depending on which orientation you were changing to) that could be a couple screens away in either direction. This doesn't take into account the problems with vertical scroll (vs pages) option... I personally use the vertical/auto scroll and don't have an issue with it returning to my previous reading point...but then I don't change the orientation while reading a book. I set it at the beginning of the book and leave it.

Kris worked on several options to determine the best way...not the perfect way...but the best he could come up with...and there were LOTS of opinions on the 'best' way. All of them had their drawbacks. The bookmark was a fall-back that would hopefully resolve issues that users may have.

In any case, I'm glad the auto bookmark on exit fixed it for you!
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote