View Single Post
Old 05-09-2013, 05:41 PM   #5
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
I shouldn't have to remove stuff from a book that has a perfectly identifiable cover. At the moment, I'm testing with two epubs. One is "The Sword of Shannara", and the other is "Deception Point". Both are retail epubs.

I've renamed the files inside the epub so they follow the same patterns. Both books have the following, as noted above:

- The cover image is named cover.jpg.
- The first page is named cover.xhtml.
- The title of the first page is "Cover"
- The cover image has it's semantics set to "Cover Image".

When opened as epub, in Calibre, both are fine, with only one cover inside (first page). When converted to AZW3, "Deception Point" gets a second cover, in front of the original one, while "Sword of Shannara" does not.

Somewhere, there must be a difference that causes this behavior, but I'm unable to find it.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote