View Single Post
Old 01-29-2014, 10:30 AM   #82
BobC
Guru
BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1, BeBook Pure, Kobo Glo, (and HD),Energy Sistem EReader Pro +
Kepubs premature finish

I've posted the question here as it relates to books I have converted to KEPUB and then loaded onto my Glo.

On a couple of occasions recently I've built up a book and converted to Kepub before loading onto the Glo, something I have done many times and with no issues. When I come to open these two books on the Glo it displays the cover page but if I swipe for the next page it then immediately exits the book and marks it as "Finished". If I enter the TOC from the cover page I can navigate through the book with no problem.

I managed in one case to solve the problem by using the modify epub plugin in Calibre to delete the cover page and then to add in the cover page again. I may also have manually deleted a reference in the spine to "linear = yes" for one of the items which was in it's correct position anyway. I can't be sure about this last point as I was playing with two books and may have mixed up what I did to which.

As "finishing" a book seems to be a KEPUB thing and the epubs behaved correctly in ADE on the PC I wondered if there was a known issue with this ?

BobC
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote