View Single Post
Old 01-21-2014, 05:00 AM   #81
BobC
Guru
BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1, BeBook Pure, Kobo Glo, (and HD),Energy Sistem EReader Pro +
Quote:
Originally Posted by digital punk View Post
thanks for the plugin and all the related info. is there any quick way to remove the indent of the first chapter/section? I notice BobC was apparently able to do it using some code ie h2+p {text-indent: 0;} I'm not sure how to do it though. This might be something you want to add to the Kepub option tabs for future updates of the plugin?
The h2+p CSS selector is not a general approach that can be applied to any book, you need to examine the code of the books themselves to work out just what to apply to select, say, the first paragraph following a chapter heading. I do this as part of my book editing rather than having to apply a separate class to the first paragraph. It's a "lazy" approach but quite effective. Definitely not something to automate :-) The Calibre Editor now makes this a very easy task.

Incidentally if you do use this technique then beware of Sigil - choosing to clean up "unused" styles will (offer to) delete the h2+p "class" as unused. This will undo your work. I see Kovid is planning a similar "clean up CSS" for the Editor, I hope it is possible for him to avoid this mistake or at least flag compound selectors as "possibly unused".

BobC

Last edited by BobC; 01-21-2014 at 05:05 AM. Reason: Added reference to Calibre Editor
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote