View Single Post
Old 08-07-2019, 11:03 AM   #500
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Some have mentioned taking notes. I suppose I see opening the discussion thread early as kind of a way to take notes--to offer comments as one goes along. That's what's happening now in the Cat discussion, isn't it?

This wouldn't prevent there being an official start date for the discussion.

If I'm going to read a selection, I prefer to read it more or less right away, when I'm either excited about it or resigned to it. But I don't because it won't be fresh in my mind for any discussion weeks later. So I put it off till a couple of days before, by which time it becomes a chore, like homework, and interrupts whatever personal topic I may have begun binge-reading. I start out resenting it and not wanting to read it.

I don't want to make a big thing of this; it's simply the way I roll. I have no experience of how the other book clubs have operated or what's been tried. But I do hate the lag time between choice and discussion.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote