View Single Post
Old 04-18-2018, 07:52 PM   #75
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I don't know what it is, but I've listened to some hi-res recordings where the music just shined through. It wasn't a comparison to MP3 or CD format. It just was better. You just heard the performance and the emotion. Sure you can say you can't hear the difference, but it's there.
Yep. There's a difference. Some people can hear it, some can't. Maybe it's the "imperfections" inherent in analog sound. But I've heard music that sounds better off the record than it does off the CD (analog vs digital). Somehow it sounds "richer."

Kind of a side story. When they a company hooked up a phone system (I think in Germany) that was fiber all the way from the Central Office to the phone, people didn't like the "sound" (or lack of it). So they had to add "white noise" to the lines to make them sound a little more normal.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote