View Single Post
Old 08-04-2020, 04:45 PM   #4198
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manabi View Post
I read the whole series not too recently (maybe 10 years ago) because the library had them all and I had started, but not finished them as a teen. They actually are quite funny, although much of the humor is heavy-handed and you can see all of L. Ron's pet peeves clearly. Even in their current state they read quickly, I finished each book (and they're all pretty thick) much quicker than I expected. They really need drastic editing, (as I like to say, they need editing with an ax) cutting it down to a trilogy would likely make for some seriously funny and quick-reading books that most people would enjoy. I don't regret reading the whole series once, although I'll never do it again.
The editing they need is very easy. Forget the red pen. Get the red paint and the roller and go over each page. There, edited.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote