View Single Post
Old 01-18-2010, 07:43 PM   #39
orwell2k
Addict
orwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheese

Device: PocketBook 360°, BeBook (Hanlin V3), iRex DR1000S, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascherjim View Post
Kacir: Concerning your following tip, which I quote:

3. You can tweak the FBReader application using [Letter]:\system\fonts\styles.xml file. For example if you want to have greater first line indent and space after paragraph change line
<style id="0" name="Regular Paragraph" firstLineIndentDelta="20" allowHyphenations="true"/>
into
<style id="0" name="Regular Paragraph" firstLineIndentDelta="40" allowHyphenations="true" spaceAfter="4"/>

I am used to editing my .fbreader file in OpenInkpot for use on my BeBook One, but I have just received my PocketBook 360 and wish to do the same here. But I can't seem to get into the FBReader application in PocketBook in order to following your instructions. How do I do this? Thanks. Jim
You have to edit it by hand in a text editor. Connect the device to your PC, Mac, Linux box, whatever. Then browse (or use your command line) to the device folder location as follows (slight error given above ):

<Letter>:\system\config\ (Windo$e)

/Volumes/<device name>/system/config/ (Mac, Linux)

In there you will find a file called "styles.xml" - make a backup then open it with a simple text editor (Notepad, TextEdit, etc.) and make any changes you need. For me, I made the following simple changes (personal preferences as to how you like your books displayed ):

<style id="4" name="Subtitle" bold="true" alignment="center" allowHyphenations="false"/>
- I added the alignment="center" for FB2 Subtitle tags

<style id="0" name="Regular Paragraph" firstLineIndentDelta="28" allowHyphenations="true"/>
- I increased first line indent to 28

That was it for me. Just save the "styles.xml" file (I kept a backup of the original as "_styles.txt" prior to making any changes, just in case I screwed it up royally! ).

Et voila!
orwell2k is offline   Reply With Quote