View Single Post
Old 04-01-2018, 10:23 AM   #20
doron
Connoisseur
doron began at the beginning.

Device: kobo aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
Yes it is part of the Windows Explorer options to handle same name conflicts, when copying over a folder of the same name. "Why not just click the Do for All box? You only have to click it once for the Folder exists/Merge? prompt and once for File Exists/Action?. You’d click the Do All box on each. Windows will handle it from there, merging the folders. (Replacing any existing files with the new ones and adding any new files, not already there.) For the history folder it can't find one in the temporary folder windows builds, for the decompressed download files, don't know why. So it pops up a warning offering options, I use the skip option. The same happens for the screenshots folder. This has always worked leaving History and Screenshots as they were before the update. Folders like the settings.reader.lua and log files are also unaffected.

From the OP's reply I don't think that was the process that was used.

Luck;
Ken
I don't understand. The update has been done in the Kobo itself, Now it has a full history folder and an empty history.lua file. I look for a way to create a correct history.lua file out of the history folder. Windows is not a part of it as far as I understand.
doron is offline   Reply With Quote