View Single Post
Old 12-30-2022, 06:53 PM   #1
AvgUser
AvgUser began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Help with Translation

This might be a silly question, but this forum appears to be the best place to post it.

I bought a kindle and bought an ebook recently. The book is only available in a foreign language I do not speak. When previewing it, I right clicked the window and clicked the "translate to English" option that pops up. It worked in that moment. Although it was not a perfect translation, it was better than nothing.

After downloading it, for whatever reason, I can't seem to translate it again. The kindle dictionary feature is very unhelpful and can only translate a word or two at a time. What I would like to know is if there is a way to open the file in a simple html page or convert to some file where I can reasonably copy and paste the words or translate it. Does anyone have any advice? I'm kind of at a loss.

(PS - I tried converting the file on a file converting site, but it had some sort of protection. I completely understand that, but I did pay for the book, and this entirely for my own personal use.)
AvgUser is offline   Reply With Quote