View Single Post
Old 09-07-2014, 10:08 AM   #5
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Everything you say is true and it would be neat to have Calibre on my tablet, but until then...

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatbrit View Post
Calibre is head and shoulders above anything else out there and the only thing missing is the ability to use it on tablets without having to connect it to your PC or stream books to it via CC.
... I'll keep my entire library on my tablet and use CC to navigate it.

Quote:
I may be alone in this but my PC has to be switched off when we travel and therefore I have no access to my book collection. Yes I do transfer those I think I might want to read but if we find a new book or RSS feed I have to wait until we get home to read/convert it etc.
... If I find a RSS feed I'll add it to Feedly to read on my tablet and any new book that I must read, I'll purchase through Amazon or Google Play so I can read it immediately.

Quote:
I expect that converting Calibre to Android would however be a huge job so if it's not possible I understand and thanks for taking the time to read this.
It may be possible but Kovid develops using a set of tools that spans 3 Operating Systems, if the environment is ever expanded to include Android there might be a chance, but there are no plans to do this on the horizon.

As BetterRed suggests a WINE for Android app might happen allowing you to run calibre on Android.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote