View Single Post
Old 02-12-2019, 02:09 PM   #20
Trane
Groupie
Trane can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsTrane can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsTrane can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsTrane can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsTrane can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsTrane can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsTrane can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsTrane can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsTrane can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsTrane can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsTrane can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

Device: android tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex2002ans View Post
What I typically do in these cases is leave the HTML TOC as a shorter one:

Part > Chapter > Subchapter

That should be granular enough for the normal reader... And then I leave the internal TOC (NCX) as the full TOC... but it depends on each book.
Thanks Tex, you brought up a great point I wanted to ask about. I agree a two-level HTML TOC should be enough, with the toc.ncx the complete TOC. (Though it gives me pause due to older readers not using toc.ncx as they have no built in Go To feature/function... from that I understand. But putting that point aside and getting to my main question...)

I assumed that both the toc.ncx and the HTML TOC had to be the same... that is, that generating the toc.ncx had to be done first, then that's what was used to generate the HTML TOC. I thought if they didn't match it would create a problem! D'oh!

Thanks and I did generate a 2-level HTML and a full level ncx.

And it validated in ePub and Kindle converted it. Hallelujah.

Thanks again for everyone's help, including Tex.

Last edited by Trane; 02-12-2019 at 02:38 PM. Reason: Did it...
Trane is offline   Reply With Quote