View Single Post
Old 07-03-2010, 05:55 PM   #8
Amalthia
Wizard
Amalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505, PRS-650, PRS-T3, Pocketbook HD2
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post

Some questions:

1) When you set the clock on your 505, do you tell it what timezone you are in?
I don't recall ever setting the time zone for the 505? I checked and it seems to be matching up with the time on my computer.

Quote:

2) Does the same problem (slow after unplug) happen if you send to main memory? Or is it a problem only on the card?
This is something I'd have to test.

Quote:

3) Do you use Sony's Reader SW? It could be that it 'secretly' provides timezone information to the 505. I strongly suspect that this is the channel by which the 505 knows.
I use Calibre to transfer everything to my device, however I do have the Sony Reader software installed on my computer and I use it to check my converted LRF and epub files.

Quote:

4) If you look at the books on your reader with a file explorer, do you see times mostly in the afternoon & evening, or mostly in the early AM? One specific file to check is 'Ontogenesis/Desynchronization - Ontogenesis.lrf'. Do you see either of the dates "Mon, 05 Apr 2010 03:39:32 GMT" or "Sun, 04 Apr 2010 19:39:32 GMT"?
Everything is pretty much in the PM from what I can see.

What would happen if I just deleted everything off of my device? Would that clear the cache??? or fix anything?
Amalthia is offline   Reply With Quote