View Single Post
Old 06-17-2010, 01:32 PM   #30
LDBoblo
Wizard
LDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by afa View Post
Although, I must say, this is the first time I've heard anyone say "E-Ink is crap compared to even poor print". I thought the whole hype over e-Ink was based on the idea that it's supposed to be close to print, so that statement does surprise me.
Yeah that's the hype. There are real benefits of EPDs (the screen tech of E-Ink's product), such they don't hold a candle to print in terms of real-world readability and legibility. It's mostly marketing and commonplace ignorance that unite the two.

I posted some casual snapshots of different kinds of print juxtaposed with the 505's EPD over here. Direct comparisons are pretty rare, so you might find it interesting.

Last edited by LDBoblo; 06-17-2010 at 01:37 PM.
LDBoblo is offline   Reply With Quote