View Single Post
Old 04-30-2010, 10:50 AM   #64
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SensualPoet View Post
The PDF pan and zoom is a nice-to-have in a pinch to make SOME use of pdf ... but a Kindle 2 really is suited for that format. But, hey, zoom and pan is a plus.
I think the K2 is suited for the average pdf format only if you have eyes younger than 60 years, which I don't. I welcome the pan and zoom function.

Quote:
I don't mind a password protect so long as I can turn it off and keep it off. I'm not concerned about the husband, or the cats, running amok with my Kindle when I'm not around.
I can see how it would be important for people who must leave their readers around curious people who are likely to play when the cat's away and perhaps lose the owner's place in their books or even worse accidentally delete content, but at the moment, I have no need for that either. Still, it's nice to have that option.

Quote:
But the last two: Facebook/Twitter and "see what the Kindle community thinks of interesting passages" ... sounds a lot like that blogger in another thread who had Big Ideas on How To Fix E-Readers. And will any of this apply to non-US Kindles outside of the US? On a clear day, from the top of a tower, I can see Buffalo ....
I don't Twit, and I rarely sign into my Facebook account, but it could be interesting to see which passages of books I'm reading catch the attention of other Kindle readers. I will try that feature at least once, and after that, who knows? I may like it!
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote