View Single Post
Old 06-22-2013, 06:27 AM   #45
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
I divide my book buying into two tracks: hardcovers that I want to keep in my library and not only read at least once, but refer to again sometime in the future, and ebooks, which are read once and then forget about forever books.

When I add a hardcover to my library bookshelves, it is always there to remind me to read it or reread/consult it. When I "archive" an ebook, I do not see it again; it simply disappears into the nether with the hundreds, if not thousands, of other ebooks I have acquired. There is nothing to remind me of its existence, and the reality is that I am not going to scroll through thousands of ebooks to see if something jogs my memory. Hardcovers on my shelf are scannable and the covers draw me to them.

Although I love ebooks, I would never give up my hardcovers and go the ebook-only route.
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote