View Single Post
Old 05-06-2013, 11:40 AM   #16473
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Just finished City of Pearl, the first of the Wess'Har novels by Karen Traviss. It was recommended by someone here, and a very good recommendation it was. I devoured the book, and am trying to figure out how I can justify buying the rest of the series.

I admit, this started a bit slow, and was fairly confusing until I'd read enough for everything to sort out. The different alien races, the various characters, etc. But since that's what ultimately makes this book so compelling, I can live with that. And once you get into it, there's no putting it down. I think I dropped my Kindle at least 3 or 4 times last night as I tried to finish it in bed.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote