View Single Post
Old 07-30-2008, 01:16 PM   #3
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovydake View Post
I found this on the iRex site:

Note:
- Units that download the developer package lose warranty and free of charge support.

http://support.irexnet.com/index.php...id=31&nav=0,12

I know that if I break iLiad's Linux I will have to pay the reflash, but will I also lose the warranty to my hardware?
Quote:
Originally Posted by haridasi View Post
It's amazing that they take away warranty when downloading something they provide.

Actually, I'm not so sure that's even legal by law. Not here in norway anyway.
It probably is legal. That's because the warranty probably states that if you muck about with the innards, hardware or software, you void the warranty.

Now, they are supplying you with the means to muck about with the software, but that doesn't mean that you won't do a lot of damage to your unit by doing so.

So, it's not so much that you are voiding the warranty because you downloaded the SDK ... it's just that, once you actually do anything with it ... anything at all ... you will have voided your warranty.

Sort of like having a locked door that has a big sign that says "open this door and you are really screwed" ... and then giving you the key, but telling you that if you use the key and open the door ... you are really screwed.

And ... they are not even going to take into account that you never really did anything awful to the software. They are telling you, consumer, that they are within their rights to assume that if you downloaded the SDK, you were the one that screwed up your unit. So, don't come crying to them.

You would have to read your original warrany information. But, my educated guess is that this warning is nothing more than a restatement of something else that is already in the warranty.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote