View Single Post
Old 03-20-2012, 11:21 AM   #1
StPaddy
StPaddy began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Vox; Nook
Tablet Upgrade Error - My experience

I am frustrated that I am reading more technical material than I am books. This is not a Kobo criticism, rather a comment on e-readers in general. Now that is off my chest...

I finally got the SOD on my Vox (I have been successfully getting around it by powering off my Vox since Christmas). With the SOD I did a factory reset (on/off + vol up). When the Vox tried to redo the setup I hit the 40% load of the upgrade problem with the "Tablet Upgrade Error" message. I tried and re-tried until I gave up and returned my Vox (on warranty).

I then tried to setup the new Vox out of the box...got the Tablet Upgrade Error again!

Long story short...I called Kobo support. After trying a couple of things the support person said to turn off all devices connected to my home wireless network and retry, and voila, the setup continued with no Tablet Error problem!

I checked the software version and it appears I am still on the Nov 2011 version. It looks like I didn't get the upgrade, but at least I can now use my Vox.

Don't know if this technique will help anyone out there but I thought I would share it.

BTW, I have found this forum extremely helpful, so thanks to all for your posts (but it shouldn't be this hard!).
StPaddy is offline   Reply With Quote