View Single Post
Old 02-22-2012, 03:39 AM   #12
john_pb
Enthusiast
john_pb began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
I have a fix that uses only the USB port. It does not require removing the back cover or using the internal serial port. I can do a FULL factory restore, making your kindle just like when it was fresh from the factory. After this full factory restore, you kindle will even ask you which language you want to use. The only requirement is that you supply a backup copy of mmcblk0p1 (the root partition) from it or another kindle of the same model.
Apologies for lack of response; I have been away for a few days with limited access to the Internet.

Regarding your update: This is great news!

I have another Kindle Touch which I have bought for my wife (and have been scared to upgrade it to 5.0.3 firmware so as not to brick it as well...!), so I could potentially make a backup copy of its root partition to use in the restoration of my own KT.

Can you offer some instructions as to how to proceed with the recovery, or is it better to wait till your tool is finished?

As I said earlier, I am a reasonably experienced Linux user, so should be able to handle some CLI.

Cheers.

John
john_pb is offline   Reply With Quote