View Single Post
Old 07-19-2010, 11:15 AM   #5
Solitaire1
Samurai Lizard
Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NookColor
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrT-Man View Post
It *is* some kind of window sizing issue, but I can't seem to fix it... if I import a file into the library, for example, most of the text with the file name, description etc. is off the left edge of the window... but there doesn't seem to be any way to resize it -- if I move to the left edge of the screen, all it lets me do is resize the main window, it doesn't let me bring the missing left pane back.

As far as the PDF issue, there were a couple of files I tried to copy over with Calibre, and when I opened them up on the PRS-300 all the pages were blank. Then I tried it with the Reader software on another machine and the PDFs displayed properly. So don't know if it was something unique to those files or just a one-time glitch or what, maybe I'll try it again. Otherwise I'd agree that Calibre is the way to go.
Sorry I wasn't able to help with the left pane issue. Overall, the Sony Reader Library (SRL) has worked well for me as long as I follow certain rules when using it (see my posts in this thread: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89419).

Thanks for the feedback on the PDF issue. I format my PDFs specifically for my ereader so I don't need any type of conversion when they are loaded on my ereader. If I decide to use Calibre, one of the things I will check is to ensure that it loads my ebooks on my ereader as is.
Solitaire1 is offline   Reply With Quote