View Single Post
Old 03-23-2014, 06:56 PM   #1
fem
fem began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx c65 Afterglow
Post [GUI Plugin] OPML Importer (RSS feeds from feedly/google reader)

This plugin has been assimilated into calibre as from version 1.32! No need for you to download this anylonger

I didn't want to manually import my 100+ RSS feeds from feedly, so I wrote this plugin.

The project page is located here: https://github.com/ingkebil/OPML2Recipe

Feel free to report issues and feature requests, and donate. 50% goes to the Free Software Foundation Europe.

Main Features

Import RSS feeds as an OPML file from feedly or google reader.
This plugin will create a recipe for each group and each remaining feed.
So far a restart is required to have the imported RSS feeds show up in custom news sources.

Version History
Spoiler:

* Version 1.0.1: Added a MessageBox when the conversion was succesful.
* Version 1.0.0: Created a working import plugin + configuration of oldest article and max articles.

Special Notes

Requires calibre version 0.7.53 or later. This plugin has been assimilated into the main calibre code base as from version 1.32!
A restart is still required once the RSS feeds have been imported!
I forgot to add a 'Import finished' message box when the import completes, that's for tomorrow.

Installation Notes

Download the attached zip file, install the plugin and restart calibre as described in the Introduction to plugins thread.
Customize the plugin via Preferences -> Plugins or through the configure button of the plugin.

Usage

Set the max articles and oldest article preferences. If not set, the defaults will be used.
Hit the 'import' button, select the OPML files you want to import.
Restart calibre to have the imported RSS feeds show up in custom news sources.

Attached Files
Attached Files
File Type: zip OPMLRecipes.zip (34.6 KB, 176723 views)

Last edited by fem; 04-11-2014 at 01:55 PM. Reason: Added spoiler around version history
fem is offline   Reply With Quote