Thread: Droid :)
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2010, 10:06 PM   #13
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I got around to downloading Aldiko reader for my wife's Droid, and trying it out. It's easily as comfortable to read on as MobiPocket on my PDA (which is my preferred reading device), and though I'm used to page-flipping with a button, you quickly get used to a thumb-swipe to change pages.

The only thing I had an issue with was the Droid's habit of dimming and brightening its screen after a short period of time... I haven't spent enough time on the Droid to find the override to that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhishStyx View Post
I love my Droid,* but I would never attempt to read a book on it. That's just crazy. While its screen is largish for a phone, I find it far too small to read something like a book. Brief reading of webpages is one thing, but a book would be a completely untenable experience.
I read on my PDA all the time... it's not crazy, it's easy. As I always say, "You get used to... what you want to get used to."

Last edited by Steven Lyle Jordan; 03-10-2010 at 10:08 PM.
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote