View Single Post
Old 05-04-2017, 09:15 AM   #1775
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liknus View Post
Thanks again for the reply!
I'm re-doing pretty much everything:
  1. Restore Default settings
  2. Jailbreak with kindle-k4-jailbreak-1.8.N
  3. Install Update_mkk-20141129-k4-ALL_install.bin from kindle-mkk-20141129-r13408.tar.xz
  4. Copy KUAL-KDK-1.0.awz2 into /root/documents folder, from KUAL-v2.7.zip
  5. Still getting the same errors: An error occurred: Main Class Instantiation threw a RuntimeException. Please contact the developer.
Am I suppose to copy some other files or folders from Kual-v2.7.zip into the /root or /root/documents of my K4?
Could the problem be related to se OS I'm using? It would be weird.. but.. I'm on Ubuntu 16.04.2 LTS..
When you connect the USB cable from the Kindle to the PC -
you should get a file manager pop-up on the PC -
It would be shown as: Kindle:/<contents of highest visible storage area>
And actually mounted at: /media/Kindle/

KUAL goes into the highest visible storage area: Kindle:/documents/<put KUAL here>

See first post of this thread, section: "FAQ and Known Issues"
Open spoiler and there find:
Quote:
On a cold boot, even with everything in order, KUAL may sill fail to start on the first try, usually with a "An error occurred while trying to open this item", or a "The selected application cannot be started. Please try again later" or "Kindlet did not shut down properly" popup. This is a known issue, stemming from restrictions of the Kindlet framework, and the way in which KUAL is designed. Simply try again a bit later. (On a sidenote, enabling gawk might help a bit).
Which is similar to your error message, but only similar.
Yours specifies that the developer keys are not installed.

Try re-installing the MKK that you listed above, again.
Watch for error messages.
Look in the system log files for messages, not from trying to start KUAL, but from trying to install MKK.

No, it can not be related to the OS on your PC (at least not this error).
It could be related to what/how you are moving the MKK Update file to the highest, visible level, of USB storage.
Some file transfer utilities try to be helpful and change line endings in things they think are text (but on *nix, that should not happen since *nix does not support a "text" mode I/O stream, only binary).
It is possible that Ubuntu, in an effort to be more "Windows Like" has incorporated some to the failings of Windows in their system configuration.

Just wait for Ubuntu 20.x version - they will include the BSD feature.

Last edited by knc1; 05-04-2017 at 09:27 AM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote