View Single Post
Old 04-26-2017, 03:44 PM   #23
Lemurion
eReader
Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 5; PW3; Nook HD+; ChuWi Hi12; iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by BookCat View Post
I have no problems writing beginnings and middles, it's just the finish which gives me difficulties. A despair sets in about two-thirds to three-quarters of the way through the first draft, when I begin doubting everything; thinking the whole idea is stupid, or the writing is boring, or the plot is unrealistic, whatever, and I lose the heart to finish.
I've read (in a facebook Writer's group) that everyone goes through this phase. I've been feeling it with the current book I'm writing, but I'm continuing to write despite the thought that it's rubbish. But this thought does make it harder to begin each day. I've developed a ritual where I write some flash fiction in Write or Die to begin the day's writing.
Yes, it's the hard part. It's also where sheer dogged persistence comes in. If you have to tell yourself that you'll fix it on the rewrite, that's what you do.

Just keep plugging.
Lemurion is offline   Reply With Quote