View Single Post
Old 01-09-2017, 06:19 PM   #32
Analogus
Fanatic
Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2x Sony PRS-350; PRS-300 (†), Paperwhite (†), Voyage
Hi all

Sorry for the late answer - work has me back again after chrismas...

Just a short update:

@knc1:
Yes, reverting back to an older firmware could be a solution. But I do not regard margins as that important to do that. Maybe later.

@sprite7:
Your tutorial for changing values ist MOST VALUABLE for me, even the firmware ist not the same. Content is very comparable. I'll give it a try!

Now I'm struggling with connecting to my reader to override the file. I did it with the ftp-client TRANSMIT on OSX over SSH. But I realized that I only have reading-access as root and not able to overwrite the jar-file.

Keeping you updated...

Edit:
Obviously I do not have the right PASSWORD for SSH. I tried using SSH over the terminal window in OSX:
SSH 192.168.15.244 --> Welcome to Kindle!
Password:

Tried leaving blank, marion, a lot of fiona's...
No luck.

Last edited by Analogus; 01-09-2017 at 07:26 PM.
Analogus is offline   Reply With Quote