View Single Post
Old 10-21-2012, 11:26 AM   #6
phoeagon
Enthusiast
phoeagon knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'phoeagon knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'phoeagon knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'phoeagon knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'phoeagon knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'phoeagon knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'phoeagon knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'phoeagon knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'phoeagon knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'phoeagon knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'phoeagon knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffyen View Post
oops I guess you want English definitions but this one gives Chinese definitions.

Right now, Chinese characters are all able to be displayed. I had lots of blank tiles on a Touch. Not sure whether this is due to Calibre's conversion, but probably not.
I have no issue of Chinese characters on a Kindle Touch since 5.04. Prior versions might have fonts in which characters have strokes of uneven widths. But apart from that, everything works out of box.
AFAIK the different encoding systems (GBK/Big5/UTF8) put sand in the wheel, but Kindle handles UTF8 quite well except for TXT documents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nible View Post
Yea, my Chinese is still on a very low level, so translations are what I need....
Duokan doesn't use Kindle's dictionaries, not its format in which books are wirelessly delivered. Probably such Chinese-English dictionaries in MOBI format exists. (I'd say the best place to look for such stuff is a Chinese-based forum on Kindle...)
phoeagon is offline   Reply With Quote