View Single Post
Old 10-20-2012, 06:37 AM   #1
Nible
Nible began at the beginning.

Device: none (yet)
Chinese-English Dictionary (highlight to translate)

Hi!

I'm thinking of buying a Kindle, pretty much only to learn Chinese and Spanish by reading books. I would need a good dictionary to do this, a dictionary that works like the one Kindle is shipped with where you highlight a word to get a translation.

I know that there are Spanish dictionaries that do this, but after searching for quite a while, I still can't find any Chinese ones.

I read about the software Duokan which was supposed to have a dictionary, but I couldn't find anything about how that dictionary worked, I don't know if it's only a regular dictionary that I need to open and search the word I want to translate, or if it's of the kind that I want. If there are only regular dictionaries, the whole idea with getting a Kindle would be kind of ruined, if that's the only option, I could just buy physical books and search the internet for translations instead of buying a 69£ machine to do it.

I also found this dictionary (the one below English), but I'm not sure if it's the kind I want, is it?

Thanks a lot in advance for any help!
Nible is offline   Reply With Quote