View Single Post
Old 04-24-2012, 07:54 PM   #21
qlob
Official Lurker
qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3.4
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
When you moved the tcc folder, did you change all instances of the old location to the new location in the "install" and "tccmake" script files?

The path occurs two times in tccmake, and six times in install.

And of course if you ran the old install script, you need to run the uninstall script to remove the symlinks before running the new modified install script.

What model kindle are you using?

EDIT: And exactly WHY are you making the root partition writable? That is a bad thing, unless you REALLY need it, and make it read-only again as soon as possible. What are you doing that needs to modify the main root partition?

1:No because i didn't know that tcc had to be in a certain directory
2: kindle 3 with 3g
3: Up until now, i had no idea that /mnt/us is a seperate partition. I thought that you aleays had to mount it read write regardless of where you want to modify files.
qlob is offline   Reply With Quote