View Single Post
Old 10-01-2010, 04:02 PM   #2
Pookeysgirl
Wizard
Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duiker View Post
I just want to share my past few days dealing with what I think is a bad ebook. I first bought The Strain, by Guillermo Del Toro from Books On Board. It took over a minute to open on my Kobo and every action after took about a minute. Within 10 minutes my kobo had frozen. I had to go back to Chapters and have them re-install my OS from an SD card.
Still wanting to read the book I decided to purchase it from Kobo this time. Now I am having the same issues. I am going to remove the book before it can cause further damage. I'm just wondering if anyone else out there has had a problem similar to this or with this exact book? I assume the file created by the publisher is bad in some way? Personally I suspect its the DRM that has caused all the problems. I'd also like to mention that it has some of the worst formatting I've ever seen on an ebook.

On another note does anyone know where I can get a 'good' copy of The Strain?
IF you're okay with this, strip the DRM and convert it in Calibre EPUB to EPUB. I've heard that it sometimes fixes bugs in certain books. That way you don't have to waste money on another book if it works.
Pookeysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote