View Single Post
Old 08-02-2010, 10:55 AM   #7
simplyparticular
Guru
simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3 & GlowLight 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by clintbradford View Post
>> ... Nook ... the stupid thing ... loses about 20% a day ...

WHich translates to having to charge every five days. Rated at about 350 total discharge-charge cycles, and your use pattern means your battery should last over four years.
Sorry, I wasn't clear. It loses 20% when I don't even use it. I normally read about 4-5 hours a day, so I get 2 days worth before the Nook battery is down around 20%. So that's why I need to charge every other day.

I've got a teething, refluxing baby who isn't sleeping much and only in my arms, so twice in the last week I read almost nonstop for 7 hours.

On Thursday night, the Nook went from 87% down to 23%. Airplane mode, LCD set to 10 seconds, and I used the touchscreen for the majority of the page turns.

Last night, the Opus went from full to 60% in 7.5 hours.

If the little guy decides to pull a hat trick, I might try the Nook with buttons rather than touchscreen, to see if it is better. I got a new book light at Target yesterday that will fit my naked Nook - it worked well on the Opus last night.

Yeah, I'm a bit tired today. But I'm catching up on a lot of series that have been on my TBR list...

Last edited by simplyparticular; 08-02-2010 at 11:00 AM.
simplyparticular is offline   Reply With Quote