View Single Post
Old 04-09-2013, 06:36 PM   #71
NullNix
Guru
NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Oasis 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawhill View Post
KPV started on the K3, where there's no X11. So much for the history - and I might add to that that I don't particularly like X11 as an API, find it somewhat over-designed especially for the context of low-resource embedded devices (as the Kindles are).
A minor note, Kindles have enormously more memory and disk space than the earliest devices to run X. Heck, they have enormously more memory and disk space than the earliest devices I personally ran X11 on. For that matter I decommissioned a desktop box running X that had less memory and disk space than the Kindle Paperwhite in only 2009.
NullNix is offline   Reply With Quote