View Single Post
Old 09-24-2012, 10:41 AM   #681
Gnosius
Gnosius began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle, Android-Phone (S2)
Unhappy meta data missing (author, title, rating, comments

Hi,
I use cool reader & kindle touch for E-reading. I've converted quite a few PDF/PRC files to mobi-format with Calibre & mobiReader-Software. Before creating the MOBI-files I added metadata like author, title, rating, comment & cover-picture.
After creating a MOBI-File with calibre (calibre then also creates a new cover.jpg, metadata.opf & title.mbp file) I copied only the Mobi-File to a new folder and opened it with MobiReader. MobiReader showed all Metadata although not knowing about *.opf & *.mpb file. So I suppose all metadata is also stored directly in the Mobi-file. It also worked the other way.

Unfortunately, when copying the *mobi-files to my android-phone (Galaxys2) or kindle touch, all metadata are lost except the cover-pictures.
For example Cool Reader shows all cover pictures but if you go for details no author, title, rating or description is seen. Therefore I also can not sort by author or title. It's also no help to copy the *opf & *.mpb files as well to the phone/kindle

On the Calibre-support-pages they say "Ask amazon or the programmer of the readers"

Any idea, how the metadata could be retrieved???

Thanks for your help
Gnosius is offline   Reply With Quote