View Single Post
Old 06-23-2017, 04:33 AM   #2100
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaonphuong View Post
Hello everyone,

I follow the top post with PW3 (FW 5.8.9.2), serial number is G090 G105 XXXX until step #4, however, option "Update Your Kindle" is greyed out, so i cannot proceed. Could you advise how to get over this? Appreciate for your help.

P/S:
- I brought new Kindle Paperwhite 3 with FW 5.8.2.1 out of the box, connect Wi-Fi to register Kindle as suggested in step #0, and unfortunately when i left it overnight, it updated to 5.8.9.2, so "Update Your Kindle" is greyed out
- I did all steps from step #0 to step #4
- I read post #2072 (page 139 of this thread) of sebarkh, but seem sebarkh jailbroke Kindle before upgrade to FW 5.8.9.2
Open and read the spoiler at the very top of the first post.
The one that answers the question: "Will this work on my current firmware?"

Note: It does not say: "Will this work on the firmware I used to have?"
If you change the firmware version since you last read and stepped through the steps of that spoiler, you have to do it again.

= = = =

@KindlePower: And I bet you thought that no one would actually do such a thing.
Ref: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...postcount=2064

Last edited by knc1; 06-23-2017 at 04:38 AM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote