View Single Post
Old 03-23-2017, 02:09 PM   #5
janrey
Groupie
janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy_D View Post
Someone is advertising for sale a Kindle Keyboard. He says, "Roughly, I'd say with 30 minutes of reading a day I'll charge it once a month." Assuming he lets the battery drain to near zero, that's 15 hours of reading time, or probably more since he likely charges it with the battery still having some juice.

I'd like to have a Kindle with audio, but I am dubious about his claim and thus his honesty. Is it at all credible that a device from so many years ago would still have a battery in that condition? (He doesn't say anything about his usage over the years (such as "hardly used") other than the battery claim.
No, he is not full of it. I read probably one hour to two hours a day and rarely had to charge it for at least 3 weeks if in airplane mode. The only time I had to charge it more frequently is when I increased my reading time like when traveling. I was disappointed that the Voyage didn't have such long a life but must be the light.
janrey is offline   Reply With Quote