View Single Post
Old 02-15-2020, 05:19 AM   #22
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
[...] I never ask a software provider for assistance unless/until I've tried to read all the available materials, read forums, etc. Never. I just will never understand people who just won't bother to at least TRY to understand something first.

Hitch
Oh, yes. There is definitely a "two groups of people" thing going on with this stuff: those that prefer to help themselves and those that prefer to be told what to do. I find that the middle ground seems sparsely populated. Not only do I get those people looking for help, but I also run into trouble with those that have helped themselves beyond their own understanding and so made a problem worse; or I make what seems to be an innocent change to my software only to discover that someone helping themselves has been using the software in ways I had never imagined and I just "broke" something that was never supposed to exist. It seems churlish to complain in such situations, but it can be as frustrating as the reverse.
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote