View Single Post
Old 01-16-2020, 04:57 PM   #30
Bookpossum
Snoozing in the sun
Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, Kobo Touch
I agree with you Victoria - the apparent deflection of Mr Brundish would take all the fight left in Florence. She didn’t allow even at that stage for the malevolence of Violet Gamart and her brazen lie about the reason for the visit.

I don’t agree gmw that Violet was miserable in the least - she was the one character in the book who enjoyed every minute of her destruction of Florence, and while one might hope that she would eventually be brought low, I doubt that it ever happened.

One of the powerful things about this book is its reflection of the harshness and unfairness of life. Happy endings might make us feel good, but they don’t happen as often as we would like them to.
Bookpossum is offline   Reply With Quote