View Single Post
Old 11-20-2019, 08:56 AM   #73
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
Oh, I'd missed that, astrangerhere. I know I had (later) received the impression that Hargrave was potentially violent, but Hattersley I thought had been portrayed as one of the less offensive.

While Arthur Huntingdon's abuse is not given as physical, I did get the impression that this might have been editorial choice, if you will. That a book of this sort could not actually portray such violence directly, and be published, so perhaps Anne deliberately left out the violence, leaving the reader to read-between-the-lines.
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote