View Single Post
Old 11-19-2019, 10:51 PM   #62
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm_Girl View Post
A kidnapping would have been the kind of plot twist that you probably would have appreciated more than the original story! That would have been an interesting element. Instead there was merely the hint that it might be a problem near the beginning.
I would have liked SOME drama or melodrama instead of the droning on about souls and salvation.

Somehow I had the vague notion that there would be gothic elements, that the house itself would figure more prominently, be a bit ghostly and more atmospheric. The Tenant of Wildfell Hall would be a great title for a book about a house with a ghostly tenant, after all.

So that was a disappointment. But as much as I disliked the characters and the wordiness and elements of the plot, for some reason I can't articulate, I sort of enjoyed the book anyway, and I'm looking at Agnes Grey (which is happily much shorter).
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote