View Single Post
Old 07-26-2019, 08:04 AM   #21
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
update. so I am looking inot a worst case setup
I already have free file sync setup to mirror calibre library from documents into dropbox
I can tweak that to use an additional destination folder and mirror to a local google drive also
I have installed google backup and sync ( which I really don't trust!) as it seems I will have to leave that continuously running also, to copy from local google drive to cloud google drive. I carefully configured it not to backup anything else, jsut what I put in the local google drive- on default settings it wants to run amok and backup everything in documents or on desktop, including anything it ever sees on a USB drive/
once all those parts are working and have caught up I can link the new tablet to g drive
i need 3.5 Gb for my library and I do have that much spare in google drive. it s a horrible waste though to be sending it to two clouds, but I don't trust google sync enough to stop sending it to dropbox
so my documents -> one way mirror -> local dropbox folder AND local google drive folder -> google cloud via google backup and sync.
i just hope that while FFS is doing its thing, it does not break google backup and sync. I know that it does not break dropbox, and it only locks its destination folders for a couple of minutes each time
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote