View Single Post
Old 08-06-2009, 01:23 PM   #9
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonehat View Post
The Iliad is one of the oldest EInk devices, but, sadly, it was not updated by its maker to a point where it did what is could and should have been capable of, so it never reached "maturity". And now it's just old.
That's a matter of opinion. Everyone has a different definition of "what it should have been capable of". I use mine almost every day and it's great. It does everything I need and it does it well. Are there a couple things I would like it to do differently, sure, but that's true of just about everything I own.

I think the main thing here is to do your research on a device before you buy it. Figure out what your needs are, and if the device is capable of meeting them. Base that decision on what the device can do now, not what you hope it will be able to do in the future. That's true of anything though, not just eInk devices.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote