View Single Post
Old 06-17-2009, 10:45 AM   #7
eksor
Connoisseur
eksor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eksor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eksor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eksor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eksor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eksor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eksor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eksor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eksor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eksor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eksor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs700, i-mate JAMin, smartq v7, GeeksPhone Zero, iPad 3rd Gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andybaby View Post
well if you export them as a Non vectorized image yes.

but that opens up a whole nother can of worms.

if a image is large enough that it's a vectorized image in a PDF. odds are that the 700 wont display it very well. because if you do export it as a non vectorized image you loose any reason it was vectored in the first place. the screen on the 700 is so small compared to a laptop screen that it makes that type of pdf unusable.

It mainly a Text reader with some nominal image support (8 bit black an white) it can be okay for reading some Text PDFs, but for the type of pdf like that. if it doesn't work that great as a pdf, it will only degrade further through conversion.

the idea of converting is to get as much of the text possible to a readable level on the screen. as well as preserving any images, but that second function is nominal at best.
Thanks for your reply.

The thing is that I have to read a lot of scientific literature with vectorized plots and equations and i don't want to print the articles/ books and so on. I have managed to convert chm to html and then to lrf with calibre. Also i have cropped some pdf's with sopdf. These are the good news, the bad news are that double column articles have to be cropped with papercrop (that works automagically and very well) and you loose the text, every thing is converted to images.

I used to read some of this stuff in a (believe me) htc with a tiny 2.8" screen, the prs700 screen is huge for me :-). The only thing that i miss is the pdb reader (vademecum). You can read a entire web with links in a self contained archive, even the wikipedia ones (one level of links if you want the file to be less than 100MB).

Bye...
eksor is offline   Reply With Quote