View Single Post
Old 05-15-2009, 03:32 AM   #8
kleykenb
Groupie
kleykenb has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: DR1kS/Cy3
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanche View Post
Thanks for the pictures. I'd like to get a better understanding of how the back cover is fastened. Clips I suppose, but how many? And where are they located? Such things are very useful to know if I need to open up mine some day.
Ok, from memory :
1) the most important is to remove the rubber knob at the back. Behind it is the ONLY screw that really prevents you from opening the device.
2) remove the plastic pieces that are right above and below the Capacative Button. The way to do this is simply by pushing them up, respectivly down, NOT sideways. This probably is going to require some prying in the gap right between the capacitive button and the plastic pieces. Best done from the backside so the marks the prying may leave are invisible from the front.
3) now the most important thing : all the rest is prying ... I will investigate if there is a way to know exactly where you have to do this prying but I myself just had to bend and pry carefully starting from the bottom up on one side and then proceeded with the other side. I can still put toghether my DR but not without some aesthetical damage from all the prying...

PS: very important, DO NOT unscrew the plastic on top of the Capacative buttons, you don't need to do that and what is underneat is just too fragile to mess with.

Last edited by kleykenb; 05-15-2009 at 03:35 AM.
kleykenb is offline   Reply With Quote