View Single Post
Old 12-22-2018, 01:12 PM   #1
AnneT
Groupie
AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox i62HD, Onyx Boox T68, Kobo Aura H2O, Boox Poke Pro
Boox Poke Pro and Play Store?

After a rather bad experience with my Boox T68, I have been using the Kobo Aura H20.
However, it didn't really offer the kind of customization I like, and, I recently discovered Scribd, which I would like to have installed on an e-Ink device.

So I was considering to buy a Boox again, but I just read in this article on Goodereader:
Quote:
If you have an existing e-reader and you have bound your Google account before March 16th 2018, you are going to be alright. If you have just purchased a new Android e-reader or factory defaulted your existing one, you will no longer be able to access Play.
And for me, the beauty of a reader like the Boox was, that I could install whichever app I liked...

So my questions;
  • Is it true that it isn't possible anylonger to install apps from Google Play?
  • I presume it is at least still possible to install apps from APK's?

Last edited by AnneT; 12-22-2018 at 01:22 PM.
AnneT is offline   Reply With Quote