View Single Post
Old 09-30-2013, 05:43 PM   #14
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
You can truncate my name anytime, Hitchy baby.
Who loves ya? Seriously, I've been called so much worse, that doesn't even faze me.

Quote:
I respectfully disagree. The easiest path would be <aside> tags, and since Kindles and KindleGen simply ignore them (they are treated like divs), no media queries would be required.
hmmmm....And you think that (or have tested that) Liz's solution from 2012 would fallback gracefully w/o issues? I'm going to have to give that a try. I've been not paying close attention to the "pop-up footnotes" thing primarily because of course, for our clientele, it's a non-starter for most of their distribution. (Nook, for example). But if Amazon's adopted it for PPW, we know that it won't be far behind on the others, and I guess I'll have to bite the bullet.

Wasn't there an issue that this wouldn't work (in iBooks) if you had endnotes, and multiple files? You had to have chapter endnotes, because it wouldn't work across files? Do I recall that right? Or has that been fixed in the intervening 17 months, do you know?

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote