View Single Post
Old 09-28-2013, 03:49 PM   #9
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
BTW, the new Kindle Paperwhite supposedly supports popup footnotes, but nobody knows how to encode them because Amazon hasn't updated their publishing guidelines yet.

Doits, my friend:

What if--just what if--there ARE no new coding guidelines? Do you think it would be difficult for Amazon, which has more processing power and programmatic brains than almost anyone but the Goog, to make the pop-ups simply display whatever's at the end of the link (she said hopefully....).

Ok, no, I don't believe that, either. Well...maybe I do. Mother of G-d, do you think we'd have to create media queries for footnotes just for the PPW? I'll bet not. I'll bet my whimsical note, above, originally intended as tongue-in-cheek, isn't that far off.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote