View Single Post
Old 09-27-2013, 05:26 PM   #5
p_nut33
p_nut33 began at the beginning.

Device: asus tf300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
Sorry, wasn't the question about KF8? Not ePUB3? If we're talking about ePUBs, then, yes, of course, you can use javascript. If we're talking about KF8--perhaps I misunderstood the question, but as this was the Kindle formats forum, it's what I assumed--no, it cannot be done.

You can float elements left-right, but what is the need for a pop-up? Why not just put the text beneath/near whatever it is you need to discuss? Below it? In a faux-text-box with it, so you can have fallback styling that will work on the millions of K7 devices out there? Can you explain what your need is, a little more clearly, so maybe someone here can assist you? Otherwise, just put the text beneath whatever it is you're trying to get them to look at/read.

Hitch
Yes, the question is about kfX. Im just saying that its funny that it works in an open standard such as epub but not KFx. These txts that Im working on are legal, so I'd like to display cases and legal statues in an independent area so the reader doesn't have to wander elsewhere.
p_nut33 is offline   Reply With Quote