View Single Post
Old 12-18-2010, 10:44 PM   #15
SeaBookGuy
Can one read too much?
SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 3, Sony 350 and 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarmonS View Post
I was hoping to use the Collections feature to clean up the home page book list -- that is, put all the books by one author in a folder (collection) like you can on a computer, but it doesn't seem to work that way. I created a new Collection, added all the books by that author into it, but they are still on the home page as well.
Is there any way to do this? Otherwise, if you get very many books on the reader it will just be a very messy home page that's hard to locate anything on very quickly.
I understand your frustration, Harmon, though I think you may be misunderstanding that the collections feature can actually accomplish your goal. Basically, the "default" (root) status is to show everything on the reader (by date added, with opened "new" books first) -- screen after screen of it.

Once your reader is turned on, however, you can go to the Collections feature from the opening screen with the Last Read book and latest three loaded, choosing the one named by an author as a "sub-file" from there, bypassing everything else. I hope that helps - I think it's pretty much what you had in mind.
SeaBookGuy is offline   Reply With Quote