View Single Post
Old 01-18-2017, 11:28 PM   #1650
george.talusan
Kobo Developer Intern
george.talusan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.george.talusan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.george.talusan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.george.talusan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.george.talusan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.george.talusan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.george.talusan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.george.talusan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.george.talusan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.george.talusan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.george.talusan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
From what I've read, the mostly likely devices to suffer would be the Aura H2O and the original Aura (the two Mark 5 devices).
To clarify:

Aura H2O and Aura have broken hardware acceleration for inversion (i.e., night mode).

When/if the release gets out, this will be of use: https://github.com/gtalusan/kobo-nightmode

Hardware acceleration is turned on by default in this repository for all Kobo devices.

4.2.8283 and beyond will be switching the framebuffer to 32 bit depth. Modifications/code that assume 16 bit will be broken. Kernels will be patched for each generation of device that the update goes out to.

My nightmode repository above has also been updated to support 16bpp and 32bpp software inversion for older firmware, if needed.

I don't recommend manually applying 4.2.8283 if it's not available via the Kobo servers. It might work, but it most likely won't.
george.talusan is offline   Reply With Quote